Thursday 3 December 2015

An Update

On September the 12th I drove four hours from my beautiful home in the Cotswalds to the beautiful county of Cornwall.

 I recieved my interview date on the 5th of December 2014, had my interview on the 23rd of January and recieved a conditional offer to study fashion photography at Falmouth University at the beginning of Febuary.

Since then, I had been list making, planning and buying all the neccessary (and not so neccessary) objects that I would need to get me settled in. I decided to live in student accomadation, but it wasn't on campus. The Sidings in Penryn is a beautiful, small and very community based student accomadation provided by the University. It's about a 15 / 20 minute walk depending where on campus you're based. The views provided on the walk (the top two pictures) are enough to make the up hill walk worth it.


T say it took me a while to get settled is an understatement. I was useless. I was scared, lonely and relying on a guy who wasn't worth it. Instead, I should have been throwing myself into lectures, meeting new people and making the most of living in such an idyllic area. Luckily, my flat mates supported me and I did make friends with other people on the course. Now I'm at home and I'm able to comfortably say that I love university and I love my course.

As previously mentioned, I study BA (Hons) Fashion Photography at Falmouth University. The facilities at the University are the reason why I moved here if I'm honest. They're incredible. The photography stores have equipment equating to over £4million in total. There are 8 amazing studios with the ability to tether cameras to screens to see your work large screen. There's at least 3 Mac suites. An amazing photo lab where you get your images printed professionally. Plus, the most beautiful library, full of incredible and inspirational books and magazines. 

This is a little taster of the work I produced for my first brief. I will be writing more in depth about my briefs so far and publishing the work that I've produced. Plus I'll be publishing editorials that I have created off my own back. 

Of course, I'll hopefully start publishing outfit updates too, but this is mostly a blog about my time at univeristy and the photographs and work I produce.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment